Simple Goals: SN 2015 at 15s Spins and $1 a game for SomeBull (Poni)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Toni 3 years ago.

• Author
     Toni 
    Keymaster

Hi,

you might have seen my other poker goal threads before, the last one didn’t go so well haha, but I want to start another “challenge” to keep me motivated.

I have given up on the idea of being a HS Crusher/SNE Hero, I am just not good enough and don’t have what it takes, especially mentally lol. I managed to make it from no clue at $1.5s to $100s within 1.5 years but got completely soul crushed at 60s/100s hypers last year, time to take it easy and have some fun with poker…

I have cleared all my MU and gonna go solo from now on with a little help for the rest of the month from my old backer (hope to have a BR myself next month). I got myself a short term deal for 1600 games until the end of the month (to maintain SN) and it’s gonna be tight but I will make it…

I won’t have a lot of time to play since we are running a small business on the side but I am aiming to play about 10-15 days every month (150-200 games/day) which will be just enough to maintain Supernova (haven’t done exact math yet, but I need about 79k Veeps as of now). Also I am hoping to make about $1 a game at 15s (post RB), not sexy but it’s a living, who knows I might just spin big (brag: hit and won 2*100x spins at 30s within a week or so last month :cool:)…

I will be posting monthly $ graphs…

πŸ™‚

Toni 
    Keymaster

First “month” done:

spin and go graph

Didn’t go as planned (at least after day 3 haha) but looks like almost 50cent/game for now, was a bit of a rush job. I know I can do a bit better with a table less and not having to play 1600 games in a short time on “autopilot” and yes I NEED to study A LOT, I am definitely far from crushing spins but motivated to get there!

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

pokerstars spins

As for my EV, I am not allowed to share for as long as I am backed and might not ever πŸ˜› but as I said before I am not crushing which includes my EV unfortunately, without those 2 big 100x spins last month my lifetime graph would look a bit sad (lucky me lol)…

Toni 
    Keymaster

I had to extend my deal another 1000 games with my backer (until my next FPP bonus) to have a safer BR, so I just cashed in my 100k FPP bonus and sent the final report/monies to my backer, it netted me a nice roll to work with :). Kinda nervous to be on my own again after being backed for 1.5 years especially since I don’t really have a reloadable bankroll but I hope with some shot taking and actually moving down when I should will keep me safe enough with room for greatness haha.

poker bankroll

Here is the plan:

– I am going to take a bit of a risk right away and move up to 30s and take a 39 BI shot (3 tabling!)

– I am going to move back down to 15s at $1500 (7s at $700) but no plans (yet!) to move up to 60s in case this shot works

– lot’s of work on my game (and also mental game!)

Good Luck to me πŸ˜›

Toni 
    Keymaster

Month #2:

My 30s Shot:

poker spins

As you can see my 30s shot didn’t go that well, lasted only 300 games and lost 1k, sigh..

My 15s:

spin and go poker

Whole Month:

poker graph

bankroll for poker

Ok so this was my first month being on my own roll, couple days at the beginning of month I was still backed, basically exactly until the $$$$ peak lol GG backer, things went downhill from there with me bricking a bunch of bigger multipliers including a 100x :crazy: definitely can’t complain about bigger multiplier distru so far but not seen any money from this since the bigger spins went all into my 6max hyper MU and my poker roll..

Happy with the volume and my studies this month, I have been really dedicated with a few hours work on my game every day plus putting as much hours into playing as possible and I will continue this effort next month and see where this gets me (aiming for around 2k games again since I will have just 15 days for poker available). I am still far from crushing but I feel I am becoming a little better every day in spins…

Unhappy with the results and my occasional tilt calls which still happen, also fear of losing (failing) is something I really need to work on if I want to continue playing poker, especially in bigger multipliers I have been playing very badly overall…

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

spin and go

Toni 
    Keymaster

Month #3:

spin and go poker

What can I say, very disappointed with my EV and how I played overall… Been tilting pretty bad last month (and this month so far) and putting in long sessions when I was losing and cutting the winning sessions short (standard problem) and again been making a bunch of high variance plays that were completely unnecessary.

My Bankroll right now:

poker bankroll management

Sigh, I walked out with $2700 from the mini stake and now it’s almost gone… I should probably be moving down to 7s but no way am going to do this (still got them FPPs so my implied roll is bigger). I decided that 15s is as low as am going, either I beat that level or am done with playing poker – there are other things that can pay my bills with less variance lol.

Just trying to put in a lot of games next couple days to reach my monthly 6500 VPPs quota for SN and them am going to travel south for a few weeks or longer :).

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

poker graph

Toni 
    Keymaster

Month #4:

spin and go

I better not say what I think lol but there is a very good chance I will move up to 30s once I unlock my FPP bonus next month and then force a decision for my poker life because as it is right now it is entirely pointless to keep going for me when I can earn more doing other things that won’t tilt me as hard haha.

I had a look and I cashed out a little less than $500 since October 2014, not sure how many hours I spent playing but my hourly gotta be a serious joke…

My Bankroll right now:

poker roll

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

Spin and go graph

Time for a few weeks away from poker πŸ™‚

Toni 
    Keymaster

Hey Nomads :), I am back from my trip and done a good amount of studies while I was gone, feeling a lot more confident about my game.

Only 2 goals this month: play my very best and don’t look at Bankroll and Graphs for the next 1600 games πŸ™‚

Will be back on the road in about 10 days…

Toni 
    Keymaster

Month #5:

spinandgo

Very happy with this month, looks like things turned around for me a little :). I managed to not look at graphs and cashier for ~1600 games as planned but I still had some tilty sessions where I spewed a lot of chips (especially after bricking 10x and some 6x multis), definitely need to work more on this especially if I want to make it back to 30s which I am thinking about currently.

My Bankroll right now:

bankroll for poker

This looks more like it :D… I unlocked my FPP Bonus and a couple saved up Stellar Rewards plus I made $15 in a Freeroll lol, so yeah this is definitely a 30s worthy bankroll right now but I will probably cash out a few dollars for my monthly Nomad Vacation :D, just not sure I want to deal with those swings again, 15s feel kinda right for me, have to think about it real hard…

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

poker spin

Time to go :). I should be back on September 1st for maintaining my Supernova haha.

Toni 
    Keymaster

Motivated to get started again tomorrow :), done a lot of HH reviews, watched videos and analyzed my DB a good amount the past few days, I believe I have identified some more leaks that I should be able to fix now.

As for moving up to 30s, I got some advice at 2+2 that I should aim for an EV of 50 chips in 2000 games if I want to make it back up to 30s, I think this makes a lot of sense and so this will be my goal for now and then re-evaluate, I had a pretty good stretch already the past 600 games so it might be possible this month.

My other goal this month will be to not look at graphs and cashier again but this time I am allowing myself to look every Sunday after my last session and of course I want to avoid tilt and bad play as much as possible.

Let’s do this :).

Toni 
    Keymaster

Ok first week done and I just had a look, I lost -$210 (560 games) at +64 chips a game lol… Suckouts all week and I definitely tilted a good amount but glad at least EV is looking positive, ok better get my runbad out of the system now.

Currently my last ~2000 games I got already ~52 chips per game but I will play a few more days 15s and see if the trend continues like this, I definitely don’t feel ready to move up tomorrow, scared obv :D.

Toni 
    Keymaster

Here are my last 2000 games at 15s (no clue how to display exactly 2000 in PT4, anyone?):

spin

OK, I got a bit more than 50 chips/2000 games which am quite happy about, looks like 58/game πŸ™‚ and my current BR is a little less than 00, so this means I will start mixing 15s and 30s in a couple days but need a break first from Jokerstars :P…

And here is my Month so far fwiw, looks like I managed to be b/e post RB lol:

poker graph spins

Toni 
    Keymaster

Ok, time to shine :). Just upgraded my SpinWiz and got $3905 left. Going to mix but will try to play more 30s than 15s if queue allows lol. I will have to look a bit more often at my BR now (maybe every 2 days), if it drops below $2500 I will just play 15s. GL me!

Toni 
    Keymaster

Month 6:

15s:

spinandgo

30s:

spinandgo30s

Total:

spin and go graph

My Bankroll right now:

bankroll poker

What can I say, it’s time to cut my losses and move back down to 15s next month, my EV didn’t look very good at 30s anyhow. Unless I got +$4k in BR again and make at least 60 chips/2000 games at 15s I won’t be loading 30s again this year for sure!

My Lifetime Spin Graph:

poker graph

Toni 
    Keymaster

I am back at 15s and will most likely be for rest of the year, a bit disappointed that my 30s shot did not stick again but that’s ok now. I am fairly sure that I still should be a winning player at 15s (maybe a few chips less) now that avoiding other regs with SpinWiz is no longer possible but we will see how much the impact really is after a bit of a sample.

So I have just done the math on what I need to do to maintain my Supernova. Basically October and November I should try for 2500-3000 games each and then I can can do the remaining 1000-2000 games in half of December, the timing is good since I will be mostly home the next 2 months with a bit more time for poker (trying some new diet that requires all home-cooked meals so I can’t really leave :D) and also I will be trying to get in shape again for the winter which I surely will not spend in Europe, hopefully I can grind out some travel monies :P.

So yeah my goals for this month are simple: 2500+ games, ignore BR and Graphs except every Sunday after last session, play my best and don’t break any computer equipment lol.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Β©2018 PokerNomads.com -Β Network. Travel. Play.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account